Saturday, March 5, 2011

The next trend in paint?

Somewhere here in the Asphalt Squadron blogosphere, and in conversation amongst friends, I've been saying for the past year that this will be the next "thing" in paint. Flake and lace is, and has been played out for some time. Tape shades, low rider style...whatever you want to call it, is in. I also predict 80's pastel graphics not far behind as well (eeesh!).

Something else not see too often is a custom painted OEM frame. I think they went a little over the top with the fork lowers, but hey....it ain't mine.






3 comments:

ZOMBIE PERFORMANCE said...

I love me some flake. Ill shoot myself before I go 80's/90's graphics.

Its all about what YOU like. NOT what everyone else thinks.

Chop on!

MARSHALL OVERCLOTH said...

Johnny, I agree 100% in your theory,
you already know that I do.
I hope the theory is correct.
I want to see more bikes painted in "lazer stripes", and the what have you.

Johnny Wolf said...

@ Marshal. Hellz yeah that style is VEG! I've been missiin' it since fading out in the late 80s.

@ ZP. I like all styles if done right. If I cared about what everyone else thought I wouldn't be riding a girls bike. Hahahaha. It's fun trying to foresee the future.