Monday, February 13, 2012

What to do with those old S/E slip ons...

...after you CTFS? Hell, they're just collecting dust under your bench. I decided that I'd make 2ea 2 into 1 systems. After they're done I'll throw 'm on Chop Cult, or E-Bay.

I removed the baffle, then started playing with bends and lengths






Fabbed up the rear pipe, marked and blew a hole in the muff.


Cut the flange off, and had Mikey tig 'm up while still on the bike.

Tomorrow I'll take them off, and have him tig the remaining, remove and grind down the original mounting tab, add a mounting bracket that will attach to the top bolt on the pulley cover, sandblast, and send out for black ceramic coating.

Big props to Paul at Spitfire for letting me hang out all the time, and make cool shit with the help of his team.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wolf.... need a lil advise o n runnin a firestone rear on my sporty...... noticed ypu massaged a ..fatbot wheel er sum ....i am runnin a stock sporty mag pn rear will the firestone fit runnin belt ...or....do i have to do a chain conver....... whatcha figure?..... thanks...

Johnny Wolf said...

It will bolt up fine. A Fatboy rear is the same dim as a stock sporty mag, or spoked wheel. I'm still running a belt (not for long) with no issues, it's close, but it will clear. Hope that helps.